Trusted tie rod cylinder designers and suppliers, complete systems and components. You name it. We do it.
Established in 2004, Hydraulics Online are an ISO 9001 accredited company serving a truly global customer base. Our technical team have over 60 years' combined knowledge and expertise in hydraulic systems design and components supply, so if you're looking for a tie rod cylinder then look no further. Whether you need a standard, "off-the-shelf" cylinder or an custom-made product tailored to meet your specific requirements our team can ensure you quality, efficiency and reliability from the outset. All of our hydraulic cylinders are manufactured here in the UK or slightly further afield in Europe... we believe it's absolutely vital that our customers have peace and mind, and aside from obvious routine servcing and maintenance work, can "fit and forget" any erquipment we supply - and a hydraulic tie rod cylinder is no different!
With a tie rod cylinder, strong-threaded steel rods are used to hold the two end caps to the cylinder barrel. This construction technique is most often seen in industrial factory applications. Small bore cylinders normally have 4 tie rods, whilst large bore cylinders can have as many as 16 or 20 tie rods in order to maintain the end caps under the great forces created. The durability, variety of mounting styles and customisable design features on offer make a tie rod cylinder the perfect solution for a diverse range of hydraulic applications.
Made here in the UK, our Series HOL-T tie-rod hydraulic cylinders conform to the requirements of ISO 6020/2 – 1991, DIN 24554 and offer a:
- working pressure of 160 bar working, 210 bar peak;
- variety of fluids comprising mineral oils, soluble oils, HWB fluids, and ester-based fluids;
- operational speeds of up to 500mm/sec subject to fluid type and pressure;
- temperature range of -20C to + 80C for standard seals and -20C to + 150C for Viton seals.
Take for example, the case of an established customer, a leading worldwide provider in the oil, gas, power and water markets who took delivery of two Bosch Rexroth CD70 Series tie rod cylinders with trunnion mount (pictured above). Some of the features of the Bosch Rexroth CD70 series tie rod cylinder include: a piston bore ranging between 25mm-200mm, piston rod ranging between 12mm-140mm, a stroke length of up to 3000mm and a nominal pressure of 70 bar.
If you have't already gathered by now, we'd like you to think of us as "your one-stop hydraulics resource". In a nutshell, our services are for you if you need:
- competitive and timely sourcing of hydraulic equipment from both leading or lesser-known, niche hydraulic manufacturers from all over the world;
- to source specialist, non-standard hydraulic products, e.g. “Intrinsically Safe” or “ATEX” certified or just seemingly elusive and obsolete hydraulic equipment and supplies;
- to drive greater efficiencies from your hydraulic system and minimise down-time by ensuring you use equipment that really is “fit for purpose”;
- support from a hydraulic specialist to aid you in hydraulic systems design or even the prototyping of new business concepts;
- to rationalise your multiple supplier relationships with a hydraulics company and hydraulic engineers who really feel like part of your team.
If you still need convincing then there are dozens more case studies and testimonials to be found over on our main website. And as far as your tie rod cyinder is concerned, if there’s anything you think we’ve missed or any more information you need, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone or email our technical team; we're a friendly enough bunch.